Monday, October 18, 2010

Running with my best buddy

Thinking about taking Eddy along to NJ for Thanksgiving, and maybe doing the annual 5-mile race with him on the Friday. I have never gone over 4 miles with him but I think it would be okay if we go slow.

Today I decided it is finally cool enough to start taking him along on short runs again. He always wants to come along! So I took him out for a 2 1/2 mile loop of the park, very slow and easy. After all, we are both still tired from the weekend of agility. And he was so sick last month. But I think he has recovered.

After we finished, I went back out for a one mile trail loop by myself. I am going to gradually increase his distance as the weather gets colder. I am looking forward to bringing him along on a few of the fall and winter races.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner