Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back at it

I happened upon a blog by a guy who writes about running, and was inspired to access my old blog and try to get going again. Every day I have thoughts that I wasnt to write down, and then I don't. I don't write in my journal, I don't write for publication, I do hardly any writing at all except replying to emails and commenting on friends' Flickr pictures.

This is easy enough to do, so why don't I do it? Okay.

Yesterday I figured out that if I can run a sub 4:06 marathon at Milwaukee in October, I will qualify for the 2009 Boston race. I get a bit of a time advantage because my birthday regularly falls just days before Boston, you run the qualifying time for the age you will be on Boston race day (regardless of your age on the day you qualify), and the qualifying period always extends for more than a year. I guess every five years I will get that extra little five minute advantage. So I can run sub 4:06 at age 48 and run Boston a few days after I turn 50. Or I can run a sub 4:01 and run Boston at age 49. But let's not push it.

Anyway, I found this realization tremendously exciting, and was inspired to go out and run 6 miles faster than I have all year.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner