Friday, March 09, 2007

Pondering competitions

Yesterday I made it out for another good six mile run after I walked the dogs. Today, I am resting, although it is sunny and fairly gorgeous for early March and I would love to be out there pounding the pavement. But I am signed up to run a 5k tomorrow and I want to run it on fresh legs.

Looking forward to the race, although I am currently quite fat and hope I do not feel too out of place among all the skinny runner types. It's a small race, so a fatty like me will stand out more in the crowd.

Am also hoping to avoid encountering an acquaintance from a few years back, a kinda creepy guy who doesn't live around here but sometimes shows up at races in this area. I discovered that he was here last week for another race on the same course, so perhaps that means he won't be around this week. If he's there, I have to figure out how to handle it. Maybe he won't recognize me. If he does, I guess I can be polite. And then leave immediately after the race without staying around for the awards ceremony!

Long story about why I (and many of my close friends) think this guy is creepy that I won't recount here. I love to race, and I wish I could just look forward to tomorrow without this dark cloud hanging over it.

Today, also pondering some upcoming obedience trials for my dog kids. Looking at some in early April and late July up in Michigan that sound like fun.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner