Thursday, March 27, 2008

Effect of emotional turmoil on running

The running has been going well, except that dog shows have gotten in the wy of the long runs, as usual. But otherwise, been feeling pretty good and keeping my mileage up, including some longer mid-week outings.

But this week it is all going to shit because am feeling myself affected by big emotional at my dog training club.

Funny how any turmoil in my life and in my head immediately takes its toll when I am out on the roads. All my runs this week have been slow and painful. Today I could barely get mysef out of bed. Have a headache, chills, but don't think I am coming down with anything. Just feel crappy.

It's pretty warm today outside but I think I am going to hit the treadmill anyway. Am not prepared for these upcoming marathons at all. But otoh, the marathons were scheduled partly to help me prepare for the real goal race in May. So perhaps it will all work out somehow. I have to show up on those race mornings with my mind clear of stress. Physically rested and emotionally sanguine, and I can get it done.

This weekend I'm running in the Cincinnati Heart Mini-Marathon, a 15-k race, with the Sooze. We're going down to the expo on Saturday to pick up our packets together. Hope that cheers me up some.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner