Monday, May 18, 2009

Note to self: it is not a good idea to race a 5k 36 hours before a marathon

So I did go ahead and enter the Kilgour race, and though I thought I was going to just jog it, somehow I ended up racing anyway. Was feeling pretty good Friday afternoon and decided to go for it. Okay, did not run all out down the hills like I would have if I didn't care about my knees and didn't have a marathon to run in 36 hours. But pushed it pretty hard.

Ended up with a 27:10, which is a little slow for that race in the direction we ran this year, but still hard for me in my fat and untrained state. 2 of 4 in my age group (first race as a 50 year old) and 21 of 161 women, 75 of 200 overall runners. This is the first year I didn't finish in the top 10 women, although it was not my slowest time ever at this race.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner