Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To run today or not?

Trying to decide if I will run today. At the moment I am still digesting lunch, so I don't have to decide right away.

Ran the State-to-State half marathon in Oxford, OH on Sunday. Had a goal of 2:25 to 2:30, horrendously slow but matched my horrendous training. It went better than expected, and I finished under 2:19. Seven minutes slower than last year and a new PW but nice, even splits, which I haven't generally seen in this race. It's a hilly out and back and usually you're running into the sun on the way back. This year it was quite cool and overcast, which helped tremendously.

I have a streak going at this race, having finished every year since the inaugural event. So I had to go do it even if I wasn't up for it. This was the 7th year, and I'm hoping that if I keep going I might eventually be the only woman who has done it every year. They gave us autographed copies of a book for the 5th year, and at that time there were just a handful of women who had done all five races.

So I was a bit worried post race when I checked the results and they didn't have my time recorded. Fortunately, I contacted the timing company and the race directors, and they got it straightened out and I am in there now. Whew!

Just a week and a half to Baltimore. Looks like my sister and niece will be joining me there. We need to find someplace good to go for the pasta dinner.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner