Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dirty Dozen Trail Awards

This morning I attended a brunch at The Running Spot, where we got our awards for the trail running series. If you did at least six races, you got a participation award---the vase-type item on the right in the pic. The urn-like item on the left is for placing in the top 12 runners based on your best five placements. I guess I have to mention that on the men's side it is fairly competititve, but as few women currently compete in these events, it is a lot easier for us chicks. There were only ten women who completed at least five races, so everyone of us who did that made the Dirty Dozen.

If I had tried harder in the first few races, I would have finished in 6th place, but the women in the top five actually were pretty quick, so I probably couldn't have beaten them even if I tried. The women behind me, however, were well back.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner