Thursday, January 03, 2013

My Running Year in Review

I don't usually look at the year this way, because my running log starts anew over the summer and not on January 1. But I decided to take a look at it.

I ran 1336.56 miles in 2012, which is farther than in recent years but not quite up to the 1400 or more I probably ran before my knee surgery (and dog agility addiction!). I completed 18 races, which is also better than in recent years but not what I did "back in the day" (like the time I ran four races in one weekend).

I had what I will call a "post-knee surgery" PR in the half-marathon. Otherwise my race times were about the same as the last few years. At least I am not really getting any slower yet at the shorter distances.

I didn't have a lot of goals for this year. I achieved some of them:

  • Got ranked again in the Running Spot newsletter.
  • Finished in the top 12 of the Dirtiest Dozen trail series (although I dropped a spot from 7 to 8)


I think that's it if we're just looking at the calendar year.

I also failed on a couple:

  • Did not qualify for Boston
  • Did not lose another ten pounds. Hahaha. I should give up on that one. I think I actually not only failed to lose another ten pounds, but I gained back the ten I had lost.
So, it was an okay year, not great, not a disaster.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner