Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Trail I Run On


The Valley Trail
Originally uploaded by muffintop
For today's run, I did a four miler that included a trip to the post office to mail my Christmas cards. After looking at last year's running log, it was exactly a year ago that I did almost the exact same thing, except I only ran 3 miles that day.

Then I came home, had some water and a GU, and headed out for a trail run. Wanted to do four miles but was pretty pooped out and only managed about three.

This is a pic of the flattest part of my trail run, in early fall two years ago when the leaves were still on the trees. Not like today. It warmed up from yesterday but there was still crunchy ice on parts of the trail, and other parts were quite muddy. I'll have to get some more recent pics up.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner