Wednesday, April 08, 2009

3 miles with Eddy

So here is the new thing I am going to do to make myself blog. I am going to write about my run each day. Today’s run was just a little three miler around Ault Park with Eddy.

Time: A little after 3 pm.

Place: As I just said, Ault Park.

Distance: About 3 miles, maybe a little over.

Company: Eddy

Weather: Sunny, high 50s. Kinda nice. Not too warm for Mr. Ed.

Attire: Long gray tights, long sleeved-technical tee shirt from Dayton half-marathon (2002?), light blue hat from Lady Distance Classic.

Time: 32:32 (pretty good on this hilly course)

Ordinarily I start this one by running up the street from my house to the stairs. But my neighbor had just gotten home and was walking her Boxers up the street. I didn’t want to run by them with Eddy because it would just be too awkward. So instead we started out by going up the trail into the park. I suppose Eddy thought we were going trail running for a change and I considered it but I was not wearing my trail shoes, and you never know whom you are going to run into on the trail (i.e., could be other dogs who don't get on with Eddy).

So after we got to the top of the hill we just proceded on our normal route around the park. Eddy seems to understand the difference between our running route through the park and our walking route. Without he me telling him, he made the turn to go around the pavillion counterclockwise. When we walk, I always go clockwise. In fact, we did that walk just this morning.

We did encounter a few dogs out walking with their owners, and he did give them the stare, which of course generally made the other dogs jump around and bark at us while he just kept trotting along beside me. He is so full of himself.

Anyway, it was a nice little run and I didn't even have any major foot pain for a change. To make up for not running the little piece up the street, we kept going down the stairs and back down the street to the house.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner