Friday, April 10, 2009

So much for that

Well, so much for that idea. I did run yesterday, but ran out of time to blog about it. Well, I’m doing it now. And I might not run today.

Anyway, I was once again out in the mid-afternoon, but this time by myself because I deemed it a bit too warm for Ed. Did the 4.25 mile loop that includes an out-and-back on the Murray Ave. bike trail. Wore capri tights and a thin long-sleeved shirt---the one from the Thanksgiving Day race a few years ago that has my name across the back. Was a little warm on the way out so rolled up the sleeves. Did put on sunscreen. Nice breeze on the way back so the sleeves were back down.

My time was a very slow 48:15. Felt pretty good at first and didn’t even have foot pain when I started, and was all congratulatory to myself about how my new strategy of wearing old running shoes to walk the dogs instead of my stiff trail shoes seemed to be paying off. But then after about a half mile the pain started and continued pretty much until about 2.5 miles in. Very sad.
A nice afternoon for a run though. Passed a young mother with a baby in a stroller, a balloon, and a pretty little toddler girl. Passed a young women with two German Shepherds pulling her around---gave her a wide berth! Thought about giving her instruction in how to properly hold the leashes when walking two big dogs. But kept my mouth shut.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner