Friday, October 19, 2012

The Struggle Continues

Week 13, Day 4

Schedule said off or 30-45 easy. I did the Mooney run in the lae afternoon. It was cool and sunny but windy. I felt pretty good. Time was 41:40 for 4.1 miles or 10:09 pace.

Week 13, Day 7

I skipped the Friday and Saturday runs because I was at an agility trial. Sunday was the Dayton River Corridor Classic Half-Marathon. I will write a race report about it soon, but it was not a good day for me. They cut a half mile off early in the race. So the race was shortened, but we also missed the first water stop and didn't get water until three miles in. It was very windy. I went out way too fast---8:05 for the first mile---and I paid for it later. It was overall very discouraging.

Week 14, Day 2

I took off the day after the Dayton race as the schedule prescribed. Tuesday it said off or 30-45 minutes easy, so I did a little run around Hyde Park for 36:36, or 10:54 pace for 3.35 miles. I started out wanting to do the park but they were doing construction, so I ran down Observatory to Delta and then down Erie to Marburg, crossed over and did the Victoria Loop, then finished up around HP east. .

Week 14, Day 3

Schedule said 45-60 easy, so I did Erie-Broadview Settle for 4.85 miles in 53:18 or 10:59 pace.

Week 14, Day 4

Schedule said 30-45 easy. I did the park for 3.08 miles in 34:42 or 11:15 pace.







No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner