Friday, December 07, 2012

It's hard to write with a Zen in my lap

Just some quick little notes while I veg in front of the TV with Zen.

Did 5 yesterday, later in the afternoon, definitely my least favorite time to run in the winter. Had a hard time getting out there but after a mile or so I was glad I did.

The experiment with the children's shoes is over. I found out that there really is a difference between $50 kid shoes and $100 adult shoes. It wasn't just the differences in the overlays and the outer fabric. Inside the shoe, where the seams in the adult shoes are taped down flat and nicely finished, in the kids shoes, they are unfinished and rough. Didn't bother my left foot but really bothered my right. So I ended up not even wearing them out of the house. Neither pair. Have to send them both back and figure out what to do.

Had too much wine last night and felt all pooped out today, so just did the one mile on the treadmill. Tomorrow morning it's the Jingle Bell race. Should be in the low 50s but rainy, hopefully not too much.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner