Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Felt Excellent Today, What is Up With That?

Today I am posting directly from Google Chrome/Web vs. the blogging app I have been using recently. Like the regular interface better. For one thing, I can have my ipad horizontal instead of vertical.

So anyway, it is beautiful weather today. I did my scheduled four miler on the route I call "Settle," which includes the Murray Ave. bike/hike trail. I felt great. Ran faster than I have in months for a training run. Probably fastest I've gone since the marathon in March on a training run.

I'm fatter than I've been for awhile, too. So it's not like I'm suddenly more fit. I think it is the weather. After getting acclimated to heat and humidity---at least somewhat---it is a nice change to have the temps drop into the low 60s and have relatively low humidity. So that must be it.

Also, was wearing the Newtons which do seem to give me a little more speed. Although, I was relatively fast yesterday, too, and that was in the clunky old Vomeros. So I think it is mostly the weather.

Noticed that more people say hello on the bike trail. Is it the better weather or is it the bike trail? Or the type of people who are on the bike trail vs. the street?

Never did find those supposedly for sale Newtons on The Clymb, but I got an email today from Gearbuzz offering them at a discount. They have them for $111 to $130. I do seem to be liking the ones I am running in. But I only paid $55 for them, so...even $111 is more than I like to pay for a pair of running shoes. Plus these Newtons I have seem to be wearing out really fast. I am kind of amazed at how the tread is disappearing after just 30 miles or so.

I might stop by Roncker's and see if they have any of those $55 Newtons left in my size. Of course, that was back in March that I bought them so its doubtful.

What else to say about running today? Well, I was making a list of stuff I need to bring for CPE nationals, and what I need to shop for and whatever and what I need to think about, and I was thinking about how am I going to get a run in, and I have these ideas. First, I could get up really early on Thursday and do a 4 miler before I leave. That takes care of Thursday. Then for Friday & Saturday I could just try to do a mile, maybe even on the hotel treadmill since there does seem to be one. Highly unlikely I will run into any fellow dog owners in the hotel gym! Or I could get out for a little run on Friday after I am done showing. Probably not too hard to get in 3-4 miles outside the hotel.

On Sunday, depending on what I did on Friday, I could either do a mile when I get home or do 4-6 if I have the energy and it is not too late. And with all of that, I will still be on schedule and also keep the streak going.

The PITA about using Chrome with the iPad is that I really miss my mouse.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner