Monday, June 03, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Not really. If it was a manic Monday I'd probably be trying to write a novel again. As it is, I did post in my journal and now I am actually showing up here again.

Today, after the dog walk around the park, I headed out for the scheduled 5 miler. I wore the Vomeros, and they were okay once again. I would not want to race in them or do a really long run, but they are okay for this. I did the Madison route, except I started out down the path to avoid the guys working on the construction project down the street, and then when I came back I had to do a loop around the block to get it over five. It was 5.23, not bad. Actually the fastest pace I've managed on a training run in many months, also.

I iced the knee when I got home. Don't know about the knee. Feel it catching some when i get up from sitting, in the morning when I am just doing things around the house. Wonder if it is going to hold up to the rigors of the coming training and all those marathons. Wonder how it is going to make it through the CPE trial and 18 runs over 3 days if I run Eddy in all of them. Actually, it would be 22 runs if you count the run throughs on Thursday. But I am really not expecting to do all the runs with Eddy. I will be lucky if we make it through any of them.

Thinking some more about the charity fundraiser thing. Have not heard yet from Cheryl. Trying to decide how many weeks I will give them before I pick something else or do nothing at all. Maybe a month to be fair.

I'm kinda starting to lose interest in the whole idea.

Now would be a good time to groom the dogs but I want to wait until tomorrow so I can groom them and Frontline them at the same time. I think I should frontline them before we go up to Springfield because who knows what we will find up there

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner