Thursday, August 02, 2012

Week 3, Day 4

Workout: Recovery Run

I did my Shady Lane route again, covering 3.43 miles in 38:06, or 11:06 pace. A little slower than Tuesday but Tuesday was a little too fast anyway, at least according to the charts.

My body is getting used to running in the morning without caffeine! I did not have any trouble getting out the door this morning. Actually went out a few minutes earlier than usual. Yeah, the first mile was hard but not miserable like a couple of weeks ago. It was a beautiful morning. I am totally remembering why I used to love running in the morning.

I am seeing some of the same people along the way each morning on these recovery jogs. Guess this is part of their schedule, too.

My quads are a little sore from yesterday but otherwise I did not have any particular pains.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner