Thursday, August 09, 2012

Week 4, Day 4

Today is actually a scheduled recovery day off. I feel great though and it is weird not to run when I have time and feel this good. I suspect I did not cover as many miles yesterday as I was really supposed to, or I didn't run hard enough, or something.

I am dutifully taking the day off---well, it is not that hard for me to do it since I am so lazy! I'm thinking about doing a little abdominal session this afternoon, though.

Friday and Saturday are "easy" runs and Sunday is either off or another easy run.

I sent an email to Greg McMillan inquiring about whether I can add in the 10k race in Morrow next Sunday to my schedule. I think it will work if I skip the speed session scheduled for the day after. But I wonder if I should then move the speed session to another day, or just skip it entirely. Or would I be better served by doing the half-marathon as a long training run, and skipping that long run on its regular Wednesday. Anyway, hoping the folks at McMillan Training can give me an answer.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner