Friday, August 03, 2012

Week 3, Day 5

Scheduled workout: Easy run of 45-60 minutes at 9:39-10:33 pace.

I went out about 10:30 am after the dog walk. It was overcast and not too hot, but humid. Not impossible to run outside and I know that I'll go faster outside than on the treadmill. The treadmill is okay for intervals but it is miserable for the slow, easy runs that are supposed to be pleasant.

After three weeks, I've really figured out that the way to approach this is not to spend a lot of time staring at my watch trying to maintain a particular pace. If it's supposed to be an "easy" run, then the way to do it is just go out and run. Just enjoy the run. Don't try to go slow, don't try to go fast. Easy = fun. And the pace will take care of itself.

I did my "Settle" route which is basically down Erie Ave., out and back on Murray Ave. to Settle, and back up Erie. Covered 4.64 miles in 47:08, which is a 10:09 pace, just about right. I felt great the whole way. It was easy!

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner