Monday, December 14, 2009

12 miles today

Finally got another long one in today. Here is how it went:
Warmed up with 1.35 on the treadmill. Then headed outside to enjoy the beautiful day with Ed. Did 4.5 with him---my 4-5 mile route that goes up Erie Ave. and back on Observatory. We turned at Stetiniums which makes it 4.5. Had a Powergel back home with some water. Then I took Maggie out for 3 miles around the park. This was maybe too much for her because she hasn't been running with me in a long time and she is kind of heavy now. And she's no spring chicken either. She wasn't in distress and she wasn't limping, but we had to go very slowly. Back at home, had another Powergel with water. And then I finished up with a slow 3.05 on the treadmill, which was pretty much agony the way the last few miles always is.

But I got it done! It took forever but I got it done!

In other news, they finally posted the results from our Reindeer Romp on Saturday. Well, I guess I should have hung around for the awards. Turns out I won my age group and they had me as third woman overall. Really I was fourth woman but they placed me ahead of that young woman who finished just ahead of me. They did give us the same time, and she wasn't in my age group so it doesn't really matter. But dang, I didn't realize the race was that small. I thought there were tons of people ahead of me, and I didn't know how deep they were going on the awards so I didn't bother to stay. Never thought I'd win my age group!

I was1 of 4 in the AG, 3 (really 4) of 44 women, and 22 of 82 runners overall. I guess one reason I didn't know how few people were really ahead of me is that the 10k runners were out there too, and there were about 30 of them ahead of me for most of the race.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner