Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Week 4, Day 2

It is getting easier and easier to get out the door for these morning runs pre-coffee. Today I went out about 6:15. It was still dark out. I saw some of the people I now think of as the "regulars" but not all of them. Where was the older couple I usually see coming down the hill in the first mile? On vacation?

Shirtless guy was out there and said hello, twice. Fast guy with glasses was out there.

Coming up Erie past the police station, something growled/barked at me from the woods. Sounded dog-like but it wasn't in somebody's yard so don't think it was a dog. A lost dog wouldn't be growling at me from the woods. Groundhog? Racoon? Whatever, it gave me a jolt of adrenaline, and I moved out into the street.

A young woman was running down the hill towards me and I tried to warn her about it, but she was one of those earbud wearing people with the glazed over eyes and the vacant expression that I will hereafter refer to as a "zombie," so she did not respond or seem to hear me. She probably didn't hear the growling, either.

37:43 for 3.5 miles or a 10:47 pace, right in there for a recovery run.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner