Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 5, Day 2

Up and out the door at 6:30 am this morning for the "recovery run." Would have liked to get out earlier but Tommy needed me to make coffee first. It is very hard to make the coffee and then not drink it myself until later. A lot easier to just head right out the door, especially now that my body is used to that routine.

It is so used to that routine that I wasn't even able to go to the bathroom until I got back home. My body says, this is what we do on Tuesdays, we throw on our running clothes, lace up our kicks and get out the door.

Saw some of what I now think of as the Tuesday morning regulars: the middle aged couple of walkers heading down Erie when I am climbing up, and the fast guy on Observatory. I know where he lives now, because I saw him stop in front of one of the big houses on the left and pick up his newspaper before heading in.

Getting a little weird seeing the same people all the time. Did not realize how much I have been varying my routine the last few years. Not used to seeing the same folks over and over again.

Anyway, finished the 3.45 in 37 minutes, 10:43 pace. Didn't feel as easy as it did last week.

Sleep-wise, was in bed around 10:30 and up at 6 with the alarm clock, and maybe that is the problem. Should have been 7 1/2 hours, but I had a little trouble settling down last night and also woke up during the night with congestion. Tommy likes the open windows and the house fan running but there's something outside that I am allergic to right now. And then I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream, which always tends to get me out of sorts for the rest of the day. Maybe 7 hours good, 7 1/2 not?

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner