Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 4, Day 6

Another easy run was on the schedule for today. This one was to be 40-50 minutes. I did my little 4-mile route down Erie to the Murray bike trail, turning around at Settle and back up Erie.

It was another gorgeous day. I first walked the dogs around the park, then headed out for the run at 10:45. Felt a little better and "easier" than yesterday---well, this is an easier route, which is a funny thing to say about a route where the last mile is uphill.

Time was 44:39 for 4.46 miles, or 10:01 pace. I iced my left knee and achilles afterwards. I don't know quite what is up with the achilles, but it's making me nervous. Am I going to need to change shoes after a couple of happy years with Nike Pegasus? Is it something to do with my Keen walking shoes or my Teva sandals?

Tomorrow is yet another easy run, even shorter. It is weird to be doing these short weekend runs on a weekend with perfect weather and when I would easily have had time to run long. If I wasn't trying to follow this schedule, I would either have done a long run today or the Newtown 5k race (where I would for sure have won my age group based on the results). This is driving me a little nutty. I think I am going to sign up for that 10k in Morrow next weekend after all, even if Susan doesn't want to go.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner