Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 1, Day 2

Today is a "Recovery Day" when I can do easy cross-training or a very easy run (30 to 45 minutes at 11:52 to 12:22 pace). Of course, I opted for the run. I went out first thing in the morning after letting the dogs out for a pee. Didn't even have coffee. So it was about 6:30 am and already miserable outside.

The first mile was naturally sluggy, especially without the coffee, but after the first mile it was a struggle to keep the pace from increasing. I took a walk break every half mile in order to slow it down. I took the "Shady Lane" route, which is about 3 1/2 miles on my Nike watch, and it took me 39:09, which was just about right.

I think I have to adjust the paces though, because I think I plugged in the wrong data to the McMillan calculator. I am thinking that my training paces need to be a little faster if I'm really going to make the sub 4:10.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner