Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 2, Day 3

It's long run day again. Supposed to be 105 to 120 minutes at 9:41 to 10:57 pace. Too hot for outside so I'm stuck on the treadmill again.Got a later start today because we all slept in, and I walked the dogs around the park for 50 minutes before I started.

I did it like last week except a little faster and a little longer. So I warmed up to 3.5 mph, then ran most of it at 5.7 mph (10:31 pace) with my usual walking breaks every half-mile. Had water every half- mile, and GU Chomps at 3 and 6 miles. Followed this routine until 1:55, then did the 5 minute cooldown. So that gave me a total of 10.18 miles in 2 hours. Ugh.

I watched Animal Cops-Houston on TV while I ran. Lots of horse stories, a few Rottweiler litter rescues, lots of poor neglected animals but also some happy endings. Ed joined me in the basement and I gave him a beef trachea to munch on, which shut him up for awhile until he fell asleep.

I did okay with the 5.7 mph except I had a little left knee twinge at 2 miles and after that I had to hang on to the railing. The knee felt okay the rest of the way though, and when I stopped running.

Right now I am feeling very tired and have a slight headache, same as usual lately after a hard effort.

Post-run I had a glass of milk with the Nestle's Quik, a rice cake and a Kashi frozen entree (Lemongrass Chicken).

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner