Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 1, Day 5

Yesterday was supposed to be a recovery day but I actually did not do any "exercise" because I did not really have time. Walked the dogs for 40 minutes in the morning, took Eddy to agility class, and then came home, grocery shopped and cleaned the house.

Had some weird foot pain (right foot, on the outside up just below the ankle) yesterday. Started during agility class or maybe before and continued all day. Did not notice it while walking dogs. Felt it again this morning but was gone during dog walk and did not bother me while running. Wonder if it is my sandals or what?

Okay, so today's scheduled workout was an "easy run" for 45-60 minutes. Pace is supposed to be 9:39 to 10:33. I did my "Madison" run, which is a little over 5 miles. Worked out to 5.13 miles in 52:16, which is just about right, albeit on the slow side of that range. Only trouble was it didn't feel "easy." Not like speedwork or anything but just not a pleasant, easy, jog. It's 75 degrees and 87 percent humidity right now, so maybe it was the humidity getting to me. And also my legs might be feeling really heavy from yesterday. Didn't get quite the post-run recovery that I was supposed to.

Right now am sitting in the kitchen with ice bag on my knee (felt the left knee catch right at the end of the run as I turned on Bellecrest/Pape), had a big glass of chocolate milk and a Picky Bar.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner