Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 2, Day 2

Today's scheduled workout was a Recovery Run at 10:41 to 11:30 pace. Had a tough time with it. I guess I am just not a morning runner anymore, or at least I am not a morning runner without coffee first!

Up at 6 am, dressed for the run, gave Zen her pill, had Eddy & Zen out in the yard for a pee, visited the bathroom myself, out the door around 6:20. Miserable morning, temperature in the low 80s and I don't even want to think about the humidity.

I was thinking that I might get a 4-miler in even while keeping it under 45 minutes but my legs just didn't want to move. I did my Shady Lane route, same as last Tuesday. Time was 39:17 for 3.46 miles or 11:21 average pace, actually even slower than lasts Tuesday when I was taking all the walking breaks. This time I only walked at the end of the first and second miles, as I normally would do.

My weight is up 4 1/2 pounds since last Tuesday, so I have to start paying more attention to what I'm eating and when.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner