Friday, July 27, 2012

Week 2, Day 5

Workout: 45-60 minute "Easy" run at 9:39-10:33 pace

Overall, went better than last week. I paid less attention to my pace and just ran as I felt. I didn't get out until about 10:45, after sleeping in and walking the dogs. It was close to 80 degrees by then with humidity about 70%. I might have done this on the treadmill but Ed was already downstairs waiting for me by then and I just didn't want to deal with him.

I wanted to stay in the shade as much as possible, so I tried a new route that I'm going to call Victoria-Broadview-Erie or VBE, or I guess it could be EVEBE. I ran up Erie, crossed over at Marburg, then did the Victoria-Portsmouth Loop (or actually, out on Portsmouth to Paxton and back on Victoria) then I ran down Erie on the other side of the street to Broadview, and went up in there to do that loop, then I ran back on Erie and crossed at the Shell station and back up Erie to the neighborhood.

It was a total of 4.84 miles, and if I included the neighborhood (will do next time) it would put it over 5. the tough part is that you have that uphill last mile but at least it is in the shade.The nice part is the first 3 miles are mostly flat to downhill, and although you are out on Erie a bunch you aren't retracing your steps exactly since you run on opposite sides of the street.

Did it in 50:31, or 10:26 average pace, so I guess that was okay. Especially considering the heat. The first three miles did feel pretty easy. The last two miles had a lot of uphill, so it was harder.

Tomorrow I'll be up in Dayton for an agility trial with Zen, so I doubt I will get a run in, but there is an optional recovery run scheduled for Sunday that I might do. Otherwise, I've gotten through the first two weeks of the schedule without missing anything major.

No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner