Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week 2, Day 4

Today's workout is a Recovery Run at 10:41 to 11:30 pace.

I went out a little later (7 am) just because I slept a little later. The good thing was that it was a little less humid. Couldn't deal with the idea of Shady Lane and having to cross streets so went around the park, even though I wasn't much in the mood to face the hills without coffee, either.

I am not enjoying these little morning jogs as much as I used to back in the day, or as much as I would if I had a cup of coffee first. I did have a few moments of serenity when I was up behind the back of the pavilion on the only flat part of this course.

Took me 36:54 to go 3.23 miles, which works out to 11:23 average pace. I am wondering if it is supposed to feel so difficult to run so slow. I guess I wouldn't normally run the day after a long run, so maybe that's why? And I know that running before coffee is playing a part in the difficulty.



No comments:

Reflections of a slow, fat marathoner